Located near Minnetrista–6 miles north of Gale Woods Farm–Minnetonka Orchards is the ideal apple orchard. I have visited two times with many years in between and each time, I was happily surprised at what awaited.
The orchard is open everyday from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. It is free on weekdays and has a $6 entrance fee on the weekends. The entrance fee includes all activities while on the weekdays, you have to pay for a hay ride–$2. Also, on weekends, children get free face painting and a free Apple Express Ride. On weekends, the grill is open and the orchard does not allow outside food to be brought in.
If you are able to make it work during the week, you will get to experience a beautiful orchard. Shopping in the Barn for apple-y treats, gifts, toys, and other fun stuff was great. Even though we had a pile of young children with us, the Barn’s arrangement was suitable for curious little hands.
They had baked goods–we tried the apple doughnuts–yum. The day-old doughnuts were wonderful and $2 for half a dozen which I thought was a very reasonable price. The fresh doughnuts were $3 for a half dozen. That’s the best price I have seen.
At Minnetonka Orchards, there is lots of different things to climb on, wagons, swings, pumpkins (even though you aren’t supposed to).
As we walked past the first orchard, everyone had to give the tire swing a try and run through the orchards for a moment. Minnetonka Orchards has pre picked and U-pick apples. When we were there, the Haralson were ready for picking. I don’t like Haralson, so we didn’t pick any. But we enjoyed the trees.
As we continued to wander down the path, we came to the center of all Apple Orchard life. The Playground, the petting zoo–Owen’s Barnyard–the Hay mountain, giant sandbox and the corn crib slide.
- I was thoroughly impressed by this orchard.
- It was clean and fun.
- I loved that it was surrounded by farmland and beautiful fall colors
- The apple cider was delicious: something you need to taste before you leave.
- I don’t remember the price of a peck of u-pick apples, but I remember thinking that it was comparable to what I have been seeing.
- The corn crib slide was hilariously fast and fun to watch!
- There are walking trails throughout the orchard and it’s a beautiful self paced tour.
- Their apple donuts are famous. You should check them out! I personally loved them.