I have so much more to tell you all about our trip. And I promise I will.
However, with the State Fair upon us this Thursday (8/23/12), I wanted to share some highlights that look intriguing to me.
Wednesday the 22nd is the last day you can purchase pre fair tickets for $9, Midway and Kidway sheets of tickets ($10 for 20). These are available at Cub Foods and other locations around the state.
- Doggies of the Wild West –Heritage Square– 12:00 pm, 3:00 pm, 6:00 pm
- Moo Booth –Cow Barn–hand milking demonstrations 11:30 am, 1:30 pm
- Family Fair –Baldwin Park — huge sandbox, juggler, marionettes, etc.
- Luminarium — Cooper St and Murphy Ave — $4, age 5 and under are free. Walk through an inflatable sculpture of tunnels and domes in light and color.
- Little Farm Hands — Machinery Hill — don’t expect this to be exactly like the farm, but your kids will have fun.
- CHS Miracle of Birth Center — see brand new babies and learn about animal agriculture
- Timberworks Lumberjack Show — The North Woods — 11:00 am, 1:30 pm, 5:00 pm, 7:00 pm
- Daily parade — 2;00 pm
- KARE 11, Fox 9, KSTP, WCCO — watching the newscasts and being a part of the live studio audience is always fun
- Giant Sing Along — Across from the Pet Center — Sing in the park karaoke style.
- On a stick
- Apple Li’l –cheesecake on a stick dipped in fudge
- Deep Fried Candy Bars — the best is Snickers or Milky Way on a Stick, but I haven’t tried the Oreos. I know it sounds kind of gross, but think of it as a funnel cake with the chocolately gooeyness in the middle. And you need to get them hot!
- Granny’s Kitchen Fudge Puppies — Belgian Waffles on a stick dipped in chocolate and other varieties
- Ole and Lena’s — Tatertot Hotdish on a stick. Make sure you dip it in the “cream of mushroom soup” sauce
- New This Year
- Spaghetti Eddie’s –Super Stick, cheese and pepperoni deep fried on a stick
- Tejas — Chicken Nachos on a stick
- Ole’s Cannolis –Cannolis
- Ice Cream Parlor — Paul Bunyan Bar – 6 inch ice cream bar (vanilla or cinnamon) dipped in chocolate and rolled in coconut or almonds or sprinkles)
- My favorites
- Dairy Goodness Bar — I usually don’t like malts, but these are really good. Plus, this is a good place to pick up something kind of normal for the kids like cheesesticks or yogurt
- Pork Chop & Chicken– pork chop on a stick is really really good!
- Sweet Martha’s Cookie Jar — I always END my day with Sweet Martha’s cookies. Hot and delicious, you can take your cookies to the All You Can Drink Milk Stand or purchase a milk from the booth. Either way, I always feel stuffed after I have Sweet Martha’s whether I start my day there or end my day there. So now I’ve decided it’s the last thing that I do in order to enjoy the day!