I have been well underway with my quest of acquiring a taste for coffee.
Here’s a reminder of my first 3 attempts.
- I don’t think you should drink coffee–Anonymous! (well that was easy! first attempt accomplished!)
- Chocolate Cookie Frappucino — Madeline B. (I think that’s a great idea–chocolate and cookies are two of my favorite things in this world–besides my kids of course)
- Ben & Jerry’s Coffee Heath Bar Crunch–Atreau (Now, I’m willing to try this because before cookies and equal to chocolate, ice cream is my top food love in this world! BUT I would like to say that 10 years ago, I was in China and I was eating a Magnum Bar–also known as ice cream heaven that has been around for a long time but not in our country silly USA–when I bit into it, I realized it was coffee and I ended up giving it to a friend because it was coffee. So I’m willing to try this, but know that I’ve tried it in the past.)
And here is how it is going!
- I basked in the enjoyment of doing nothing for a week. Let me say, I basked in the enjoyment of not drinking coffee for the past 35 years. Ahhhhh. That was incredibly easy.
- The Chocolate Cookie Frappucino was actually called the Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappucino. They had it all prepared before I could even say, “Go light on the coffee.” The server at Starbucks assured me that it wasn’t too coffee-tasting while the whole time she had a perplexed look on her face. I tried to hurriedly explain that I was given the suggestion to try this to see if I like coffee. That perplexed look never really went away. So what did I think about the Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappucino?
- It had a great flavor. I could taste the coffee, but it was a faint, light coffee flavor.
- I had to drink it slowly (which is okay for a almost $5 treat) because if I drank it too fast, the coffee flavor was much stronger.
- I must admit though that my favorite part of the drink had nothing to do with the coffeeness, and it had all to do with the chunks of cookie mixed throughout the drink.
- My kids gobbled it up thinking it was a milkshake.
- Ben & Jerry’s Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. My husband couldn’t find this exact flavor in the grocery store, so he go Bonnaroo Buzz which is (in their words) a medley of creamy coffee, crunchy toffee, and whiskey-tickled caramel. I must say, I will have to actually try the Coffee Heath Bar Crunch since Bonnaroo Buzz was so light on the coffee, I didn’t even taste it. Chris was insistent that it was basically the same thing. And while I agree, I also need to try exactly what was suggested to me.
After attempting the correct ice cream suggestion, my next step is the Starbuck’s Refresher.
The Twin Cities has numerous coffee shops–more than I even can guess. Starbuck’s and Caribou Coffee are big competitors around here, not to mention Dunn Brothers. Beyond that, there are so many independent coffee shops, any coffee drinker would feel at home here.