Let’s face it. To travel to Europe from the United States is not inexpensive. It’s very costly. The plane ticket alone is extremely expensive.
It is my dream to go to Europe, and since someday I’m going to do it, I need to have some mega ways to save.
Now, I know I’m not going to Europe anytime soon, but I can start planning and dreaming for this dream come true.
Here’s my plan.
- Every time I find an extra dollar laying around, I will put it into my Europe envelope. I used to have a Europe envelope. I went to California instead and spent it all there. And while that is fantastic, I now have no money to place in my Europe envelope. And I need to make myself a new Europe envelope.
- I will search for inexpensive places to find lodging. I can use websites like http://www.mega.co.uk/ to look for different opportunities to save.
- I will not rent a car. I will ride trains and bicycles as much as possible. Maybe a bus or a taxi occasionally. I’m not so sure about those buses as my mom and aunt had an interesting experience on a bus in Paris. NO, I will ride a bus. I will not let their hilarious story deter me from that experience. If I can ride in a taxi around Beijing as it is taking us out of the city and we did not speak the same language, I’m fairly certain I can handle a bus ride in Paris.
- I’m going to research online for all the best deals I can possibly find.
- I will plan a few days of doing nothing except roaming around the city or the countryside.