I have a dear friend who gave me a subscription to All You Magazine. I love this magazine because it’s easy reading and in my crazy busy house that’s EXACTLY what I need.
The June 2012 issue has an article about how to keep traveling as inexpensive as possible.
Here are their suggestions for how to find lodging for cheap.
- Try out National Park Service sites. You need to plan ahead for these sites, though, since they fill up quickly.
- Discover independent hotels by using freetrip.com. This website will email you lodging possibilities. You must fill out a 7 step information form that whittles your options within your price range.
- Airbnb.com and vrbo.com are other sites that offer rooms and homes to stay in for a fraction of the cost. These websites are similar to homeaway.com . It makes any vacation seem possible!
- Use livingsocial.com or Groupon Getaways to find big discounts for the more posh hotels.
- Check out vacation lodging forums: betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com. Personally, forums make me a bit anxious, but after doing some research and looking around/reading, it is possible to find helpful information and save some money.