Alternate Title: Did I mention it was a Perfect Thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving this year was the most perfect Thanksgiving ever. Here is why. 7 reasons because 7 is the perfect number and this was a perfect Thanksgiving.
Can I say it again?
- We went to my brother’s house/farm and met his girlfriend. It was a first for both for Chris and me. And both were very charming.
- We ate a 38 lb. turkey they had raised on their farm. We determined that the turkey weighed the same as Wordgirl! We ate a turkey that was as big as a kindergartner. Once again I was reminded of the fact that my brother is amazing in the kitchen: yummy bread, great stuffing, perfect turkey.
- The superstars were amazingly well behaved in a very small space! They let us play games with the other adults (I won a round of Apples to Apples with a handful of people I didn’t know–oh, yeah, I’m THAT good!), and besides being a little tired, didn’t demand any extra attention from us!
- I had a humongous plate of food. Humongous! I ate the ENTIRE plate and I wasn’t stuffed! This is amazing! Absolutely amazing!
- I ate 3 desserts at their house. THREE! It was fantastic! Pumpkin pie, Apple crisp, and pumpkin cheesecake! Oh, yum! Yum! YUM! And still I didn’t feel stuffed! Could this day be any better?
- When we got home, Chris’s cousins came over for the evening. I was able to feed them a bunch of food since we had a bunch of good leftovers in the fridge. I love it when Melody comes over and eats my food because she makes me feel like I’m such a good cook!
- We ended the evening by watching the movie Stardust–a GREAT movie–and eating more pie, apple and peach, with a scoop of ice cream (or 2).
How did you spend your Thanksgiving?