being that mckmama‘s back in my state with her miracle boy, i think it’s time that i ‘fess up to some things that may concern HER!
1. sunday night (2 days BEFORE stellan was supposed have his surgery, the day he was supposed to have a normal admission, but instead had to go to the er because his svt would NOT let up), i spoke on the phone with our mutual friend, b.w. i did NOT tell her that i was so excited the mckmama mentioned her because now she’s kinda famous. (well, you know what i mean)
2. monday morning, i did NOT get a call from b.w. crying because we needed to contact everyone who could possible pray for stellan that WE knew of. i did NOT insist loudly that my girls go to their room so that i could hear what b.w. had to say and so that they wouldn’t see me crying. b.w. and i did NOT cry because stellan had coded on the table and i did NOT lose hope!
3. i did NOT postpone starting preschool with the girls so that i could call our church’s prayer chain, my sunday school class’s prayer chain, my friends from work who have been following stellan and praying with me about him, some of my best friends in life (and those who went to college with mckmama and me), d.o., m.o., and a.m. (i tried calling j.a., too, but for some reason getting a message to someone on a cruise is NOT easy).
4. i did NOT drive to work sobbing and praying all the way. i did NOT see a license plate that read PRVB356–which i did NOT know meant, “trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. in all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your paths.”
5. i did NOT avoid reading mckmama’s blog for hours because i was scared to see what it said.
6. i did NOT finally read it and misunderstand that he had already had his surgery and send an email out to our ENTIRE sunday school class that he was okay when he hadn’t even had the surgery yet. (i only realized this after we got an email BACK from b.w. saying, “he hasn’t had his surgery yet!” oops!)
7. i did NOT send the card that wordgirl had made stellan to BOSTON on the day he came home. i had no IDEA that he would get out that fast! i thought for SURE he would be in the hospital a couple of more days. i also did NOT send a picture of our family that read, “come back to ‘the frozen tundra.'” well, it did say the name of the state, but for mckmama’s sake, i will refrain from mentioning it. NOT that i have that many followers that would stalk her. well, maybe j.a. (just kidding!)
oh, and i forgot: 8. i did NOT see the news story of stellan coming home and sob and sob all over again.
hopefully, your not me’s aren’t so humiliating and involving someone else who doesn’t even realize it!