1. road trips: when we were dating, we would road trip to his parent’s house or my parent’s house (yes, they were short road trips, but we didn’t want to have to worry about overnight arrangements as we were trying to stay pure). now, i still love to road trip with him. preferrably without the kids, but if it’s a short enough road trip, traveling the kids can still be fun.
2. eating out: it is tough to budget this in, but cooking is so NOT fun for me. i don’t mind baking, but i would rather not cook or think about food. so eating out is one of my most favorite things to do. i love when chris cooks for me, too, but if we had endless funds, i think we would be eating out a lot! (maybe)
3. i know this is crazy! but playing video games. now! i hated video games growing up. i am NO good at mario brothers. i think it’s the timing of the actual program that i can’t seem to figure out. BUT now that we have a nintendo wii AND a wii fit, i love to play games with him. we just got wii fit plus this week and have had so much fun with each other and the kids playing!
4. watching movies: there is something so cozy about watching a movie together. we don’t watch many chic flicks together (so i really have to find a friend and time to be able to do that), but we watch some really good movies together. (not as often as we would like because by the time we get the kids to bed, we are about ready to fall over exhausted ourselves) i think the last one we watched was slumdog millionaire. most people would think, “that’s not romantic!” and no it wasn’t, but that’s not the point. the point was that we enjoyed feeling all those emotions together. the emotions themselves were not exactly enjoyable, but going through it together was.
5. playing with the kids together. i mean really really playing with the kids. like we are both down on the floor tickling and giggling and attacking everyone. and everyone is having a blast! and your heart is beaming from ear to ear (if hearts had ears)
join susanne in her blog carnival friday’s fave five. it’s great!