join me as we participate with susanne from living to tell the story for this week’s friday’s fave five.
1. dane took his first step yesterday! i went to pick the kids up from andrea’s and when i bent down to say hi, he took his first excited step toward me (and 2nd!). a couple of hours later, he took his next 2 steps for daddy to see! so exciting.
2. raising kids with love and logic: this is a great book! i need to be learning new tools to raise my kids with chris. it talks about how we as parents should allow our kids to fail while it’s safe in ou home (both in a loving environment and a SAFE environment: obviously we won’t let our kids burn themselves or get run over by a car!). it is a great resource! and it also talks about raising a child with confidence and healthy self image.
3. getting ready for vacation. i’m getting more and more excited for our mini vacation we are taking with chris’s family on sunday. we are going to portage wi and i think this year is going to be so fun! swimming in the pool, playing wii, visiting circus world, devil’s lake state park, mackenzie environmental center. it’s going to be different than three bears, but i think it’s going to be so fun!
4. http://www.pocketyourdollars.com/: finding a new website that does all the money saving for calcuations for me. locally! this is exactly what i need! thank you!
5. running goal: met! i had 5 days off in a row and my goal was to run all 5 days! and i met my goal! YEEHAW! then i gave myself a day off!