please join me for my friday fave five hosted by sussane at living to tell the story.
1. blatant answers to prayer. after my whole shoe fiasco (remember these posts? fiasco 1 and fiasco2 and on a side note, don’t type the word fiasco over and over at 11:45 pm. it starts looking incredibly bizarre!), we decided that i needed new shoes and so did chris (athletic shoes, i should be more specific, for both of us). soon there after, we had to get the air conditioner and the exhaust system overhauled in our van and at the cost of $850. there goes our new shoes. bye bye shoes! so i decided, “you know what. i’m going to pray for some new shoes. God knows i am enjoying running and it’s relatively free (except for the shoes). so i’m just going to ask him for them. if he gives them to me, great! if not, i’ll just have to be patient and use the shoes that my mom gave me for the time being.” (the shoes my mom gave me are a great back up pair, but i don’t think they are running shoes.) this was my prayer: “God, i know they aren’t important in the whole scheme of things, but since we had to pay a lot of money to get the van fixed, we don’t have money for them. i am praying for new running shoes. i know you give us the desires of our heart and if it’s not in your will, i’m okay with that, but i’m asking for new shoes.”
yesterday, after praying for new shoes for a week or so, my co-worker, connie (remember connie? the one i ACCUSED of stealing my shoes. in jest. it was all in jest), asked me if i had new shoes yet. i told her i had a pair of shoes from my mom that were getting me by. she said, “oh, i was going to give you mine since we were the same size.” they hurt her shins really bad, and she and her husband are convinced she needs different shoes.
these shoes are practically NEW! and they fit perfectly! they. are. so. COOL!
2. this conversation i had with maya
maya: mom, is dane bigger?
mom: yeah….dane is bigger.
maya: yyyyeeeeeaaaa! we get to have a puppy!
maya: you said when dane was bigger we get to have a puppy!
3. yesterday, i watched brin love on our neighbor. somehow she crawled up into his arms and put her hands on his face (one on each cheek). suddenly, i saw her plant a 2 year old kiss on this hardened weathered bulgarian mechanic’s cheek. he wasn’t expecting it either. it was so sweet. you couldn’t wipe the grin off zivko’s face.
4. thank you notes. i like writing thank you notes. i love expressing how much it means to me that someone loves me. if i could (but i won’t), i would start a thank-you-note-writing service. i’m not very good verbally expressing myself, but i love to make sure people know what i’m thinking which therefore means that i will write (whether i am good at it or not).
5. that leads me to my next fave. i love exclamation points! for those of you who don’t know me, i am VERY loud (even when i’m trying to be quiet, it’s very sad). so when i am expressing myself in writing, there are LOTS of exclamation points.
so even when it’s silent, i am still yelling!
i hope you had a worthwhile week. take a minute to find something to be thankful for and enjoy the life God has given us.